Explanations on the all the different Data Types available and how they can be used
What is a Data Type?
Data Type is a specific type of data used in the Quoting Portal. It can be number, image, text and more.
The different Data Types
There's some datatypes that get used a lot, and others that rarely get used. Here are explanations of all Data Types the Quoting Portal currently supports.
- The second most used datatype after number
- The "Text Input" Element Block can be used to get a text.
- Text is also used to define the ID of a row in a Table, known as the "row-name".
- In an Offering, a Sub-row's Dynamic Title accepts only text
- Rich Text can be used to display informative texts, with formatting such as bold text, headlines and more.
- These can be displayed using "Rich Text Output" Element Block in a Form Pipeline.
- Stores a value as True or False.
- Can be used for conditional logic
- In Form Pipelines, steps can be set to only show if a boolean value is true
- In other pipelines, a boolean can be used to determine whether to skip a calculation step
- In an Offering's Sub-rows, a boolean can be used to conditionally hide a step.
- Stores a file of any time
- Often used for extra documents, such as purchase orders, drawings, Excel files, etc.
- Stores only an SVG file
- Often used for 2D CNC operations, to estimate times
- Stores images
- Can be used in "Select With Image" to show a selection of different options along with pictures
- Can be uploaded from a customer using the "File Image Output" Element Block
Future Data Types